As I have mentioned previously, I am not even slightly a fan of the fall and winter months. If you told me you had a pill that would let me hibernate through the whole cold, dreary mess, give fall and winter the slip entirely and awake fresh as a daisy in the spring, I would hurl my wallet at your face. Shut up and take my money.
So I'm trying to be proactive about the whole thing to save my sanity. I am stocking up on vitamins, ordered a new workout DVD (motivation! so I don't crawl into bed and never come out!) and boyfriend is already brainstorming cold weather activities so we have plenty of fun weekends. A playlist of Super Happy Fun Music™ is in the works. And I'm trying to remind myself about the nice things that come with cold weather. Most of them are food. Did you think they wouldn't be food? You're so weird.
10 Things I Don't Completely Hate About Fall
1. Butternut Squash Everything. Yo, pumpkin people, I'm really happy for you. Imma let you finish, but butternut squash is the best squash of all time. Evidence: this, this, this, this and this.
2. Leggings. I scored some cute fleece lined leggings at JC Penny last year for $7 a pair and never got to wear them. Truly a tragedy, but I will right this wrong soon.
3. Hot Chocolate. Probably with marshmallows. Definitely with Kahlua.
4. Boots. With the aforementioned leggings, obviously. I have my eye on these cuties. Hint hint. Size eight and a half, please.
5. Slouchy Hats. I love me some slouchy hats. I have way more hair than I used to, so hat head is sort of a factor, but I've determined that the key is just to commit to the hat. When you put that sucker on, realize that it's not coming off again for the rest of the day, itchy head be damned.
6. Not Shaving Till Spring. Haha just kidding. Mostly.
7. Woodsmoke. I think I mentioned before that this is one of my favorite smells. I love driving around, greedily snarfling up the smell of burning wood wafting from people's chimneys. Mmm.
8. Hoodies. I have this grey BOSTON hoodie that I picked up a few years ago. In Boston! Can you imagine! It is warm and comfortable and wonderful, like wearing pajamas in public. But more socially acceptable.
9. Pizza, wine and movie nights. One of the best days of my life was when I discovered that my bread machine makes pizza dough. A nice homemade pie, a box of Franzia because we're classy and a date with Netflix under a pile of cozy blankets.
10. Making my dog wear sweaters. For obvious reasons.
What do you love (or at least not hate) about fall?
Pretty fall photograph available here.