The rules of comfort food are as follows:
- It must be ready super quick.
- It must not require a trip to the grocery store.
- It must be friggin' delicious.
Friends, have I got the comfort cookies for you. Pop these babies in the oven, queue up something good on Netflix and prepare to indulge in a little reparative food therapy.
Peanut Butter Comfort Cookies
Servings: About 15 cookies
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 17 minutes
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. Vanilla or Hazelnut extract (optional)
- Mix everything together. Just throw it all in a bowl and mix it up.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment or wax paper. Spoon delicious peanut butter dough balls out onto your cookie sheet, about the size of a ping pong ball.
- (Optional) Squish dough balls down into a patty shape. This is more important if you're using peanut butter that is not super creamy. With thicker or chunky peanut butter, sometimes the cookies don't bake down very flat. This is purely aesthetic and will not affect the deliciousness of your cookies. If you’re cool with a big, fat nugget cookies, skip this step.
- Bake at 325 for 8 to 12 minutes.
Serving ideas for occasions that require a little extra comfort:
- Nutella and peanut butter cookie sandwich.
- Peanut butter cookie fluffernutter!
- Crumbled peanut butter cookies over ice cream.
|Throw everything in a bowl.|
|Mix into delicious batter. Creamy peanut butter works best, but any will do.|
|You may now eat one raw peanut butter dough ball. ONLY ONE.|
|Aren't they cute?|
What's your go-to comfort food?